The Wiltshire Crop Circle Study Group (WCCSG), is such called because it is
located in the county of Wiltshire in the UK, the most active area for crop
circles in the world. The Group was established in 1995 to study the crop
circle phenomenon in all its aspects:
- Physical (scientific evidence - the physical effects on plants and soil)
- Metaphysical (the meaning encoded in their symbolic designs)
- Spiritual (their transformative effect)
and to disseminate the information to the greater public.
For this purpose the Group supports scientific research, collects data in
the form of photographs, diagrams and Study Papers and publishes The Spiral, a bi-monthly newsletter.
Each year the Group produces a beautiful calendar featuring the formations of the latest season, which is sent all over the world and holds a variety of events including:
- Group meetings,
- Special events such as visits to crop circles, night watches, lighting the White Horse at the Winter Solstice,
- Weekend conference at the height of the season.
If you are interested in joining the Group, please visit our Members page for further information.